Learn to troubleshoot some of the most complex Oracle performance problems - real life case studies by Tanel Põder
I already announced my latest virtual conference in social media, but will write a short blog entry here too (people who are following my blog via mailing list or RSS will get the update too).
This year’s topic is: Troubleshooting Very Complex Oracle Performance Problems.
- I will deliver 4 case studies (based on real life events) where I will dive very deep, even deeper than in my previous years' Advanced Oracle Troubleshooting training class! ;-)
- I’ll use mostly the same systematic drilldown techniques as in the AOT class, but also some new ones you probably haven’t yet seen.
- Thanks to the focused case study format, I can take the time to explain the complicated world of how different (Oracle) software components interact and misbehave, resulting in all kinds of random performance spikes.
- While I will show how I had to dive deep into Oracle internals and resort to extremely low level troubleshooting in some cases (like reading latch info straight from SGA memory), this conference aims to be practical.
- This is an advanced performance troubleshooting conference that sometimes requires diving into internals (and not just an internals conference for fun).
- After attending this conference, you will be able to troubleshoot complex, intermittent and even short-lasting performance spikes systematically & better!
The style of the talks is going to be similar to what I presented at this talk, but we’ll go even deeper and have some prepared demos (you’ll get the source code too!) and plenty of time for questions and conference chat.
I will run the same conference twice (like last year), one in April (aimed for US/EU/UK timezone) and one in September (US/APAC). All attendees will get personal downloadable video recordings of both events. And if you want a price discount - early bird pricing ends on March 31st!
You can read the full details at the conference page.
Also, it’s worth disclosing that while this year’s conference has the best content, it has the worst diversity - all speakers are me!
- P.S. The Conference hashtag is #vconf2021.
- P.S.2. You can still sign up for my Practical Linux Performance & Troubleshooting training (online) that starts on Monday, 22. March.